Tuesday, July 10, 2012

OLMEC/MAYA/AFRICAN COMMUNITIES IN MEXICO GROUP TOUR




4 July 2012

Greetings Family,

How are you? Just a personal update here. Been back in the US for a couple of weeks now. Have lectured before an assembly of the Washitaw Nation and had a good lecture series in Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Washington, DC and Newark last weekend. Good crowds and good lectures in spite of the record heat.

So sorry to hear about the transition of Dr. Edward Robinson and should be able to give you a progress report on Dr. Ben real soon.

While I was away I was able to visit Senegal for the third and fourth times and the Gambia for the first time. I had a very good time in Europe. I spent quality with my daughter and visited ten museums in Munich and Paris. My French language book on the African presence in Asia was reprinted and my French language book on my travels and reflections was published during my stay. I also began a detailed and comprehensive archiving of my thousands of rare photographs.

After a short delay I hope to begin the promotion of OLMEC/MAYA/AFRICAN COMMUNITIES IN MEXICO GROUP TOUR. The travel group that I had expected to coordinate it has experienced some illness and career move decision and I have had to work out some administrative changes, but we are going ahead with the tour. It will be historic! We expect to visit the Olmec heartland and should be able to view most of the colossal heads. We also intend the visit the Black Mayan murals at the Mayan temple of Bonampak in Chiapas State and the major Mayan site of Palenque. Finally, we intend to visit one or two African-Mexican communities in Vera Cruz State. All of these areas are very safe! So that is not expected to be an issue. We also intend to stay in very nice hotels, indeed the best available. And, unlike many of Runoko Rashidi's trips, we hope to have a little leisure time thrown in. Yes, you heard me, a little leisure time!!! The tour will commemorate the
life and work of my great teach Dr. Ivan Van Sertima. And, of course, I will give some good lecture presentations during the course of the tour.

We are looking at November or early December 2012. The trip should be about twelve days and I expect it to run about $3000.00 double occupancy. The departure cities are likely to be New York City and Houston, Texas. So start making your plans as the details should be available real soon.

So there it is sisters and brothers. It is nice to be in touch with you again!

In love of Africa,

Runoko Rashidi





*Increase Traffic - Get More Visitors To Your Site Or Blog:
*** For Info: http://ning.it/Mn2Yup

No comments: